vmsTrack-PRO-CS is a VHF and Satellite-AIS (S-AIS) transmitter used for persistent locating and monitoring of vessels, or objects, such as for IUU (illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing). AIS / S-AIS is a very cost effective means for real time monitoring.
Satellite AIS (S-AIS) used only when out of VHF range allowing tracking to continue in the most remote areas of the world, especially over open oceans and beyond the reach of terrestrial-only AIS systems using message 27.Enquire About Product
The vmsTrack-PRO-CS is working with CSTDMA Class B transmission functionality. CSTDMA is the abbreviation for “Carrier Sense Time Division Multiple Access”, which is used for AIS Class B units. The vmsTrack-PRO-CS operates on the principle “listen before talk”. If a transmission is due, the transceiver watches the dedicated slot and if there is no transmission in the slot from a Class A transceiver, then the CSTDMA unit starts transmission on its own in this slot.
The vmsTrack-PRO-CS is a small portable “grab’n’go” position transmitter, which broadcasts in a pre-set time interval via VHF radio frequencies.
The system is expandable to a full target management system. With the usage of the vmsTrack-PRO-CS real-time-tracking system it creates a radar-less traffic monitoring system for an economic solution.
The data transmitted includes the GPS position, course and speed over ground. This information enables live monitoring from a base. The base only requires a programmed receiver unit to monitor the traffic. Programming it to a specified frequency creates a “closed user group” . The vmsTRACK-PRO-CS is also able to run on regular AIS frequencies meaning the programmed receiver is not required.
Geo fencing possible
Geo fenced areas can be programmed into the unit, alerting the user when the unit enters and leaves the area. The vmsTRACK-PRO-CS unit gives visual alerting by flashing LED if this geo-fence-function is triggered and a special information message is immediately sent to the base station. Only the base station will be able to interprete this message.
Intelligent tamper-proof solution
If the unit is stolen or tampered, an intelligent high tech solution will trigger a flashing LED to inform the vessel’s Captain. A special message is also sent to the base station. This special message is sent within the normal position report, but only the base station can decode it.
“Who and Where” for coastal security and fleet management
The real-time-knowledge of “who and where?” is very important in administration of coastal fishing fleets, as well as in coastal boarder security issues. By transmission of special names and unit IDs, “friend or foe” identifying is possible.
Additional emergency distress button
The small vmsTrack has got an additional emergency distress button. By triggering the alert function, additional to the regular position report on special frequency, according to customer’s specification and with approval of the national authority, an official emergency message will be sent out on both regular AIS frequencies to reach every AIS receiver within transmission range of the vmsTrack.
The vmsTrack units can be customised by means of programming ship name, type of vessel as well as area of activity into the unit for transmission. The pre-set time interval can be defined to every second or up to 1 time per hour. The bigger the time gap is, the longer the battery capacity will be. E. g. once per minute will last for a couple of days. The power supply for the vmsTrack unit on a small fishing vessel can be done by solar panel. This will continuously charge the transmitter.
Different power supply solutions possible
There are 3 ways of powering the vmsTrack-PRO-CS :
- Independent charging station
- Fixed connect to onboard power supply
- Solar panel with permanent intelligent recharging
What is needed to run the vmsTrack?
Each object being monitored needs a vmsTrack. The charging station provides intelligent charging ensuring a long lifespan of the batteries. The vmsTrack is factory pre-set to a customised frequency for “closed user groups”.
- Portable VHF position transmitter
- Position report on proprietary frequencies for “closed user groups”
(128 Bit encrypted)
- AIS or customized VHF frequencies in accordance to existing base stations possible
- Switches to Satellite AIS (S-AIS) when out of VHF range to continue tracking the location of vessels in the most remote areas of the world, especially over open oceans and beyond the reach of terrestrial-only AIS systems.
- certified as AIS CSTDMA transponder (CSTDMA – Carrier Sense Time Devision Multiple Access)
“available on demand”
- Embedded geo reference coast line table
- Separate distress/alert button
- Intelligent high tech tamper proof solution
- Waterproof to 10m depth – Ip6
- Palm size and easy portability
- Power output approx 3W
- Built-in rechargeableNiMH battery
(lifespan according to preset transmission interval)
- Transmission range of approx. 10 NM
(depending on the height of the receiving antenna)
- Made in Germany
- A121 Charging station (quantity and type depends on the customer requirement).
Other charging stations cannot be used!
- Portable easyINFOBOX with a customized receiver and a terminal device
- Customized receiver to connect it to customary display devices
- PC software to display the data
- Solar Panel Power Supply