Iridium IONEER – AIS & Iridium Tracking Device
The IONEER system allows persistent locating and monitoring of vessels or other moving objects in all areas via VHF technologies. The palm-sized position transmitter is reliable working with the AIS Class B CSTDMA (Carrier Sense Time Division Multiple Access) functionality and IRIDIUM® sat network.
Different power supply solutions:
- Charging station
Intelligent recharging of batteries with a special charging station (easyCHARGER). Battery runtime is depending on the pre-set transmission interval.
- Vessel generator or battery
Intelligent recharging with a fixed solution by means of connection to 9-32VDC vessel engine.
- Solar panel
Intelligent recharging with persistent external power supply. Suitable also for small fishing vessels without electrical power supply.
After activation the IONEER transmits position reports in a pre-set time interval to a coastal co-ordination centre to show current location of each fleet vessel.
The default position reporting is carried out on special customised VHF frequencies or on regular AIS frequencies by using the AIS CSTDMA technology. SAT communication via IRIDIUM® satellite network is provided in addition.
- Transmission power: >= 2Watt
- Specifiable VHF frequency range from 156.025 to 162.025MHz – 25KHz channel spacing
(please ask your local authority for customized VHF frequencies to use for)
- Operating temperature range: -10°C to +55°C
- Storage temperature range: -30°C to +60°C
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 130 x 70 x 30 mm
- Weight: 250 g
- AIS Class B CSTDMA technology
- Bi-directional SAT-Communication – As soon as the unit reaches the pre-programmed distance from the coastline, the IONEER unit switches automatically into SAT-Communication via IRIDIUM satellites. AIS based Communication can be done bi-directional: Ship-to-SAT-to-Shore and vice versa.
- Alert button – Triggering the alert button will transmit an official AIS emergency message on both standard AIS frequencies to reach every AIS receiver within transmission range.
- “Who & Where” for coastal security and fleet management – Real-Time-Knowledge of “who and where“ is very important in administration of coastal fishing fleets as well as for coastal border security issues. Transmitting the unit ID and additional programmed information provides identity quickly.
- GEO-Fencing – Weatherdock´s technology provides a Geo-Fencing capability.
- Optional Bluetooth functionality – Using the Bluetooth® connectivity to your smartphone provides control and visibility of the vmsTRACK-PRO. Android® and IOS® apps are available free of charge to use this functionality. It also gives access to Abalone App / catch report App to meet the IUU (illegal, unreported, and unregulated) requirements.
- Intelligent tamper-proof solution
- Route Data Storage – The vmsTRACK-PRO-CS is able to store waypoints of thousands of nautical miles for better transparency of areas of activity according the IUU guidelines.
- Customise – The vmsTRACK-PRO unit can be customised by means of pre-programming additional data e.g. ship name, type of vessel and area of activity into the unit for transmission.