easyAIS – AIS Receiver
The easyAIS3 is the new AIS receiver in the Weatherdock product family. The small size of such a device makes it possible for the easyAIS3 to be a perfect companion on the next charter cruise. Via USB cable, the 5 Volt power supply can be from a power bank, or a laptop. Alternatively it can be connected to the power supply onboard.
The device has a 2-channel receiver, with which the two AIS frequencies are permanently monitored. With a VHF antenna, a mobile AIS system can be set up on the charter vessels if no AIS is available.
The AIS signals transmitted by commercial vessels (Class A) and pleasure boats (Class B) are received by the easyAIS3, converted into a NMEA protocol and forwarded to a connected chart plotter, where the received ship positions can be displayed in real time. The same is possible via USB connection to a PC or laptop with AIS capable software.
For a permanent installation onboard, you need a VHF antenna to receive the AIS data, which is placed as high as possible on the ship.
To a VHF antenna for both AIS and VHF radio you will require an antenna splitter, such as an easySPLIT.
- 2 Channel receiver to receive AIS data on both AIS channels 975 MHz and 162.025 MHz
- Reception of Class A, Class B, AtoN and SART telegrams
- Channel sensetivity: <-112 dBm
- Channel spacing: 25 kHz
- Connection plugs
- VHF antenna (IN/OUT): BNC, 50 Ohm
- Power: USB: 5V ≥ 200mA
- NMEA0183: 2 pins, cable enclosed
- WiFi antenna (optional): SMA, 50 Ohm
- Baudrate NMEA0183: 38,4 kBd
- NMEA output message: VDM
- Operating temperature: under deck, -10° C – +55° C
- Storage temperature: -20°C – +60°C
- IP54 (protected against dust and spray water on all sides)
- Dimensions (L/W/H): 135 mm x 100 mm x 55 mm
- Weight: approx. 250 g
- AIS reception of both AIS frequencies (161.025 MHz + 162.025 MHz)
- High channel sensitivity
- AIS data output via
- WiFi (optional)
- 5V power supply via:
- USB cable from PC/MAC or laptop
- USB cable from Power Bank
- 5V adapter